Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Breast Feeding Vs. Pumping

So I have been struggling Breast feeding for many reasons. One it is painful even though its gets better and easier every day. The second reason is because Zoey loves to fall asleep while I breast feed her and she takes over an hour to get full. It is tiring and sometimes i even fall asleep breast feeding her. I would love to breast feed her more often when she is actually awake and willing to eat not just eat for 10 min and fall asleep during dinner time.
Anyways I started pumping and it is not as time consuming, i know exactly how much Zoey is eating and she doesnt fall asleep and I get to sleep a little bit longer. The only problem is that I feel kind off guilty that I am not breast feeding her as often and it kind off breaks my heart. I dont know if is because I am still emotional but every time i think of the fact that I am pumping and not breast feeding her I get extremely emotional. Anyways I am taking day by day and see if Zoey can get a little faster at breast feeding if not pumping has save my life.

In another note, Zoey its two weeks old. She is doing amazing growing fast, eating, sleeping and pooping a lot like any new born.



I love this little girl with all my heart but I wish she will sleep more than 3 hours..... oh guess what friends !!
Did I forgot to mention that I have lost 20 pounds already ....... yes in two weeks I have lost 20 pounds which means I have only 8 more pounds to loose so I can be in my normal weight. Guess that is the only good thing about breast feeding.
Anyways if any of you have any advice about breast feeding please please comment and let me know I take any advice that will help me.


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I struggled a lot with breastfeeding and I still do. Its soooo painful :( My advice is stop worrying, she is only two weeks old and they don't need much, breast milk is not the same as formula, if she's hungry she'll eat trust me! Just make sure she latches correctly and she'll be fine :) You can also feed her with no clothes on but a diaper to keep her awake. As long as she's wetting diapers and pooping I wouln't worry. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete